Ted’s Top 5 Reasons to Upgrade to Version 4.0
Has it been a while since you upgraded your transmitter software? The past year saw the release of version 4.0 software for all of our major transmitter product lines. This was the culmination of years of effort, including hundreds of fixes.
If you haven’t upgraded to version 4, you’re missing out. Are you wondering why you should bother? Ted Coldwell, Nautel Software Manager, has compiled the top five reasons why he recommends upgrading to the latest software version for your products…
- 1. – We’ve been listening. Recent improvements include port forwarding and secure SMTP email integration; two highly requested features. We’ve also introduced MER meters, NTP integration, expanded streaming options, and more.
- 2. – You can help us help you. The latest software includes the Nautel Phone Home feature, a secure communication link which provides Nautel with up-to-the-minute diagnostic and status information about your transmitter.
- 3. – Improve transmitter performance. Up-to-date software can help with hardware performance too. NV Series release 4.2, for example, introduced Power Symmetry, a software feature that can maintain the health of your Tectrol power modules and extend their lifespan.
- 4. – It’s easy. If you’ve already started on the version 4.x path, upgrading only takes a handful of mouse clicks. If not, just a couple of well-documented extra steps, and you’ll be on your way.
- 5. – Proactive maintenance saves time and money. Think of it like a tune-up for your car, only one that will give you extra radio presets, cruise control, and maybe even an extra 10MPG. Our dedication to continuous improvement is truly your gain.
Upgrade Now! Go to Latest Software >